The shorter tower of St. Mary’s holds four liturgical bells, which compose one of the biggest and oldest groups of medieval bells in Poland.
The oldest bell, which rings in G sharp and has the diameter of 105 cm, is from the turn of the 13th and 14th centuries.
The next two bells were cast in the years 1386–1390 by Jan Weygel of Spišská Nová Ves. They are the Misjonał in F sharp with diameter of 136 cm and the Tenebrat in D sharp with diameter of 175 cm, with inscriptions referring to the Virgin Mary.
The biggest bell is called the Półzygmunt, which rings in C sharp 40, has the diameter of 180 cm, dates back to 1438, and was made by Jan Freudental. It was built thanks to the collective magnates’ foundation, which is evidenced in the coats of arms decorating it. The bell’s inscriptions refer to the Virgin Mary.
The last bell, the Dulcimer, was cast in 1564. It was once synchronised with the clock on the tower and the bugler had to manually pull the rope to ring it.